Order by 12pm for delivery next working day
0% Finance Available on most orders over £500
We design and fit beautiful gyms
Muscles produce force and motion. There are three types of muscle (skeletal, cardiac and smooth) and we all have over 600 of them. They are extremely sophisticated and are one of those things that most of us take completely for granted, but they are incredibly important!
It would be impossible for you to do anything without your muscles. Absolutely everything that you conceive of with your brain is expressed as muscular motion.
Here are a few interesting Muscle Facts:
* The Gluteus Maximus is the LARGEST muscle in the human body (located in the bottom)
* The Sartorius is the LONGEST muscle in the human body (Passes diagonally across the front of the thigh)
* The STRONGEST muscle in the Human Body (this is a tricky one as it is relative to size and to what you class as strong) but the tongue is a strong contender and also the Masseter (jaw muscle)
* the HARDEST WORKING muscle in the body is the heart
* The muscle that can pull with the GREATEST FORCE is the Soleus. (lower calf muscle). This very powerful muscle pulls against the force of gravity to keep the body upright
* The most active of muscles are the eye muscles
Health & Fitness Tip of the Day - if you want to share any interesting news, tips, post a question or just want to let us know what you have been up to with your own personal fitness please email email@example.com